Firefighter injured in massive Harlem blaze

1 month ago 17

A firefighter was injured as he and dozens of fellow smoke-eaters tackled a massive fire in Harlem early Friday.

The fire broke out inside a deli at the corner of of Adam Clayton Powell Jr. Blvd. and W. 123rd St. around 4:45 a.m. and quickly spread to the upper floors of the five-story building.

The smoky blaze was difficult to put out and FDNY officials kept calling for more assistance as the fire reached four alarms.

At least one firefighter suffered minor injuries fighting the blaze, according to officials. The firefighter was taken to an area hospital for treatment.

No residents of the building were hurt, police said.

An e-bike battery was found on the second floor of the building but was not believed to have caused the fire, which began on the ground floor.

The fire was extinguished by 6:15 a.m. Firefighters could be seen on the roof of the building punching holes in the ceiling to ventilate the flames.

No residents were displaced as a result of the fire, cops said.

*** Disclaimer: This Article is auto-aggregated by a Rss Api Program and has not been created or edited by Bdtype.

(Note: This is an unedited and auto-generated story from Syndicated News Rss Api. News.bdtype.com Staff may not have modified or edited the content body.

Please visit the Source Website that deserves the credit and responsibility for creating this content.)

Watch Live | Source Article
MostPlay